jeudi, mars 27, 2008

When it Doubt Grab 3 Eggs, Some Creme and A Veggie...


When the fridge abundance starts to dwindle I seem to always fall back on just that: 3 eggs, some creme and a green vegetable. This time is was asparagus (which I can't seem to get enough of lately!)
I never measure and I sometimes make crust but if I want that extra glass of red wine I simply bake it without. It lacks a little in presentation and firmness that way but when a tasty meal takes 10 minutes to prepare and your two year old begs for more...well you can't complain!
It goes a little something like this-

3 eggs
a "pour" of creme - really, just eyeball it!
salt
freshly ground pepper
herbes de Provence
steamed or quickly boiled asparagus (you can cut off the tough ends and peel it if you want)
paint white wine mustard on the bottom of a quiche dish
mix everything up and bake until cooked...30 minutes??

Serve with a baby greens salad with balsamic vinaigrette. A Pinot or a full bodied Merlot works well!

Bon Apetit!

Aucun commentaire: