lundi, décembre 18, 2006

Heathly Christmas Cookies!





If there is such a thing, this is as close as I have come but honestly at the last two Christmas parties I have had people have said they are the BEST Christmas cookies they have ever had! WOW!
I must give credit to Frey Girl Aunt Ruth who along with my sister (FreyGirl4Life) who was nine at the time gave me this recipe at my bridal shower. Like any recipe I receive I tweaked it a bit to make it my own. Maybe not the best but at least Crisco FREE!

(Doubling the recipe makes the amount photographed, you don't need to double the frosting).

To make the cookies "healthy" use organic evaporated cane juice instead of white sugar and use soy butter instead of butter and crisco! Use unbleached flour and free range eggs of course. Don't forget to use the soy butter in the frosting too!

Voila! Sante!

3 commentaires:

Unknown a dit…

I wouldn't even know where to find that substitute stuff you're speaking of...but, I'll use the recipe!!

Parisienne Farmgirl a dit…

Meijers back with the butter - They carry a brand called "Soy Garden" and they do carry evaporated cane juice but it's not organic. It's in the sugar aisle and it comes in an orange juice like carton.

Parisienne Farmgirl a dit…

Oh, I forgot - if you do double it and it wont roll out you may need to add up to a cup and a half of flour!